Import Prices
« on: April 21, 2017, 10:53:52 AM »
Is there a way to import historical prices from a text file or CSV file?

Also, I cannot go back to a prior date and get historical data from the internet (say from 1/31/2014). Get a pop up that says no historical prices available for 01/31/2014. The stock market could have been closed on the date selected... NOTE: If you continue to have problem, please check your internet connection. It doesn't seem to matter what date I input. Am I missing something or is this not available?

Re: Import Prices
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 10:59:40 AM »
Dale,

Yes, you can import a historical price file using the file menu | import | security prices csv choice. Refer to the help button for proper format and other help as necessary.

The historical pricing feature has been modified for changes required with data delivery, and will be reflected in our next v3.0.4 update we'll be posting, likely next week.

If you have add'l questions, please email our support team directly: techsupport@investmentaccountmanager.com or call 262-241-3990.  We are glad to help.

Matt

piterMt

Import Prices
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 02:31:42 AM »
Hi,

I used your template and it will not import the price column the same is true for the image. 

Everything else works but the price is zero and no image shows

Please advise.

John

Here is what I found.

My first item had zero for the price.  Once I removed that item all the prices showed up on import.

I then placed an item further down the list with a zero for the price.  The import worked and all the prices showed up.

So is it safe to say that the first item in your list should not have zero?

Re: Import Prices
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 07:47:10 AM »
John,

It sounds as if the leading zero was the issue in your file, but once corrected on your end, the import worked ok, so you should be all set.  If you have add'l questions, you can email our tech support team directly: techsupport@investmentaccountmanager.com

Matt